All drivers must be over 25 years of age with at least 2 years driving experience and a maxamum age of 70.
(note drivers over 70 years accepted subject to insurance company approval)
All hire vehicles have full European Green Card insurance and full European Breakdown cover.
There is a £1200.00 excess on every insurance claim but an insurance crash damage waiver can reduce this to £600.00 on payment of an additional £10.00 per day for all types of vehicle.
COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) limits your vehicle damage and theft liability to between £600.00 and £1200.00, however, CDW will not cover you for the following:
1. Windscreen, glass, mirrors and tyre damage.
2. Interior damage eg. cigarette burns
3. Damage when the vehicle is not on the public highway
4. Theft of the vehicle when its keys have been lost or stolen
5. Damage or theft caused by the negligence of the hirer
6. Damage caused by racing or driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
8. You are responsible for any damage to the roof or upper part of the vehicle above the height of the windscreen caused by hitting low level objects, such as bridges, low overhead barriers or low branches.
Goods carried are NOT covered by J-Hire insurance policy.
All documents relating to the vehicle are securely fixed in the vehicle.
Hirers are advised to ensure that they carry with them, at all times, their driving licence, passport and vehicle hire paperwork.
All vehicles are equipped with First-Aid Kit, Fire Extinguisher, Spare Bulb Kit, Warning Triangles and Hi-vis Jackets, as required by European Law.
Customs & Excise.
Please be advised that hire vans are of great interest currently to Customs & Excise Officers and you are highly likely to be stopped and searched.
It is clearly in your interest to ensure that NO illegal items are carried in the vehicle. This also applies to ‘over the limit’ goods in the Beer, Wine, Spirits and Cigarettes categories.
The hirer of the vehicle is responsible for any damage caused by Customs & Excise searches.
Call us from the UK on 01794 884825 or from Spain (0034)965023177 or 635587175