J-Hire Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
J-Hire Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 21st May 2018.
What is personal data?
Personal data is all kinds of information that can identifying a physical person. e.g. name, address, phone number but the more obscure data including log, encrypted, electronic I.D’s, IP address just to mention a few.
What is processing of personal data?
Processing of personal data is every action that is taken in relation to personal data, regardless of whether it is done in an automated way or not. Common processing actions are collection, registration, structuring, storing, adaptation, transfer and deletion.
Website visitors and individuals telephoning or e-mailing
We have limited our website tracking but as some still exists e.g. location data, IP-number, cookie identifiers, unique identifier of devices you use to access and use the services and our websites, this data makes us the Data Controller - though we don’t actually ‘control’ this - our partners who design, host and maintain our website, do have access in order to provide the service.
J-Hire Ltd are also data controller for personal data processed when someone telephones or emails requesting our services.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How will we not use the information about you?
How long do we store your personal data?
We only retain your personal data to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Your personal data will be anonymised or deleted once it is no longer relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
See below for examples of the retention periods:
- Preventing, detecting and investigating money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud: minimum five (5) years after termination of the business connection
- Bookkeeping regulations: seven (7) years
You have the right to ask about your data and what we hold on you at any time. You have the right to request that data is removed and no longer held, other than for lawful and legal requirements in compliance with UK law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
- If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.